Made for light, fast rides, the minimalist Tokul XC 5.0 is ready for anything from after-work sessions to half-day singletrack missions. It features the lightweight and airy RidgeAir™ back panel to keep you cool and comfortable, carries 3 liters of taste-free water, and offers enough room to organize riding essentials, a light layer, and a snack.
- RidgeAir™ back panel: Ridged foam with ventilation channels and lightweight, breathable mesh ensure cooling airflow and carrying comfort.
- 3.0L Big Zip™ LP reservoir: Premium, taste-free and BPA-free water reservoir features a low-profile shape, a wide-mouth opening that seals securely, and a convenient quick-disconnect hose.
- Smart hydration pocket: Reservoir suspension hooks hold reservoir securely in place while you ride; dedicated hydration pocket makes it easy to access reservoir for refilling or cleaning.
- Organization options: Zip mesh pocket with key retainer, three mesh stash pockets, and two pump sleeves put bike tools, food, and keys within easy reach.
- Helmet carry: Two webbing straps attach a helmet for secure carrying.
- Reflective detailing: Reflective hits enhance your visibility to others when you're on the trail or traveling between rides.
- Light loop: Attachment point for rear blinky light.
- Magnetic hydration hose retention: Offers clip-free access to the bite valve.
Pack Made In Vietnam; Reservoir Made in U.S.A. of U.S. and Imported Materials
|Color||Carbon, Shock Blue, Dawn Patrol|
|Width (Standard)||7.5 in|
|Length (Standard)||4.5 in|
|Height (Standard)||18 in|
|Gear capacity (standard)||122 cu. in.|
|Gear capacity (metric)||2 liters|
|Reservoir capacity||3.0 liter|
|Total capacity (standard)||305 cu. in.|
|Total capacity (metric)||5 (liters)|
|Pack weight (standard)||1 lb|
|Pack weight (metric)||0.45 kg|
|Reservoir weight (standard)||6 oz|
|Reservoir weight (metric)||0.17 kg|
|Total weight (standard)||1 lbs 6 oz|
|Total weight (metric)||0.62 kg|
|Material(s)||160D and 210D Water-Resistant Nylon; YKK Zippers|
|Country of Origin||Pack Made In Vietnam; Reservoir Made in U.S.A. of U.S. and Imported Materials|
How do I clean my Platypus bottle or reservoir?
Use hot, soapy water and rinse thoroughly with hot water. For tough cleaning jobs, add 1/4 cup of baking soda to 3/4 cup of water per liter volume of your bottle or reservoir and shake for 30 seconds. Add 1/4 cup lemon juice, shake 10 seconds, and vent by loosening cap away from face. Repeat shaking and venting three times. Expel as much air as possible, cap bottle, and allow to soak 20 minutes. Rinse three times with hot water. Caution: When adding lemon juice to baking soda, effervescence occurs and will cause pressure to build in a capped Platypus product.
How do I prevent the water in my hydration system from freezing in cold weather?
Using our Bite Valve & Drink Tube Insulator is an easy solution to deter freezing. Additionally, to help prevent the water in the reservoir from freezing, start off the day with warm or hot water in the reservoir, then pack your extra clothing layers around it. To help keep drink tubes and bite valves from freezing up, sip often to maintain flow, and, after you’ve finished drinking, blow any residual water back into the reservoir. Also, even if you are using the Bite Valve & Drink Tube Insulator, it still helps to keep as much of the drinking tube covered as possible, such as routing it inside a pack, strap, or jacket.