Platy® 2.0L Bottle
- Filter pair-able: Can be easily used in conjunction with GravityWorks™ and other water filters.
- Versatile: Accepts any threaded Platypus caps or drink tube.
- Pure Platy experience: The Platy 2.0L Bottle is taste-free, as well as BPA-free, BPS-free, and phthalate-free.
Platypus bottles are dishwasher safe. When placing Platypus bottles in a dishwasher, make sure they are fully expanded for optimal cleaning. Note: not all bottles may fit in a dishwasher, especially sizes 2L and greater.
You can also hand wash our bottles using warm or hot soapy water. Using our Reservoir Cleaning Kit helps access tough to reach places.
For deeper cleaning:
- a. Per liter volume of your bottle, add ¼ Cup of baking soda to ¾ Cup of water and shake for 30 seconds (e.g., for a 2L bottle use ½ Cup of baking soda with 1 ½ Cup water).
- b. Add ¼ Cup lemon juice per liter, close and shake 10 seconds, and vent by loosening cap away from face.
- c. Re-seal bottle and repeat shaking and venting three times. Expel as much air as possible, cap bottle, and soak for 20 minutes.
- d. Dump solution and rinse bottle three times with hot water.
Caution: When adding lemon juice to baking soda, effervescence occurs and will cause pressure to build in a capped Platypus product.
We Believe in What We Build
At Platypus, we take pride in engineering the highest-quality outdoor gear available, and we stand behind everything we make. Platypus gear is built to be exceptionally durable and easily repaired. And we back it up with the best service in the industry, all to keep your gear performing for you—and out of landfills. Visit our Platypus Warranty page for more info.