Platy® Water Tank
- Convenient: Wide-mouth Big Zip™ opening eases filling and cleaning.
- Versatile: Can be easily used in conjunction with GravityWorks™ water filters.
- Portable: All three sizes—2.0L, 4.0L, and 6.0L—are collapsible and lightweight for efficient packing; comfortable carry handle makes it easy to transport full tanks.
- Pure Platy experience: The Water Tank is taste-free, as well as BPA-free, BPS-free, and phthalate-free.
- Funk-free: Embedded silver-ion protects water tank from mold and bacteria.
|2 liter||4 liter||6 liter|
|Capacity (Standard)||70 fl. oz||140 fl. oz||210 fl. oz|
|Capacity (Metric)||2.0 liters||4.0 liters||6.0 liters|
|Weight (Standard)||2.7 oz||3.36 oz||4.16 oz|
|Weight (Metric)||0.07 kg||0.10 kg||0.12 kg|
|Width (Standard)||7.5 in||8.25 in||9.5 in|
|Width (Metric)||19 cm||21 cm||24 cm|
|Length (Standard)||12 in||16 in||18 in|
|Length (Metric)||31 cm||41 cm||45.5 cm|
|Height (Standard)||0 in||0 in||0 in|
|Film||Polyurethane / Polyethylene||Polyurethane / Polyethylene||Polyurethane / Polyethylene|
|Country of Origin||Made in U.S.A. of U.S. and Imported Materials||Made in U.S.A. of U.S. and Imported Materials||Made in U.S.A. of U.S. and Imported Materials|
Platypus bottles are dishwasher safe. When placing Platypus bottles in a dishwasher, make sure they are fully expanded for optimal cleaning. Note: not all bottles may fit in a dishwasher, especially sizes 2L and greater.
You can also hand wash our bottles using warm or hot soapy water. Using our Reservoir Cleaning Kit helps access tough to reach places.
For deeper cleaning:
- a. Per liter volume of your bottle, add ¼ Cup of baking soda to ¾ Cup of water and shake for 30 seconds (e.g., for a 2L bottle use ½ Cup of baking soda with 1 ½ Cup water).
- b. Add ¼ Cup lemon juice per liter, close and shake 10 seconds, and vent by loosening cap away from face.
- c. Re-seal bottle and repeat shaking and venting three times. Expel as much air as possible, cap bottle, and soak for 20 minutes.
- d. Dump solution and rinse bottle three times with hot water.
Caution: When adding lemon juice to baking soda, effervescence occurs and will cause pressure to build in a capped Platypus product.
Free Shipping on Orders over $50
We offer complimentary FedEx Ground shipping for US orders over $50. Learn More
Orders Shipped in 1-2 Days
We do our best to get all orders out within one business day, Monday through Friday. Learn More
No Hassle Returns
We accept returns within 30 days of purchase. All returned items must be in new condition. Please be sure no dirt, grass or pet hair is on the item you are returning. Learn More
We Believe in What We Build
At Platypus, we take pride in engineering the highest-quality outdoor gear available, and we stand behind everything we make. Platypus gear is built to be exceptionally durable. And we back it up with the best service in the industry, all to keep your gear performing for you—and out of landfills. Visit our Platypus Warranty page for more info.